Sunday, March 1, 2009

Speaking Tips - Opinions, Disagreeing & Comparing

GIVING OPINIONS
I think
I feel
I believe
I suppose
I reckon
I imagine
In my opinion
I get the impression
It seems to be that
She may have chosen that because

ASKING FOR OPINIONS
...don't you think? (and other QUESTION TAGS)
Would you agree with that?
What do you think of...?
Do you agree that...?

AGREEING
I agree with you because...

DISAGREEING
I am not sure I agree with that.
I disagree with that point.
I don't think that's correct/true/right.

REQUESTING CLARIFICATION
Did you mean to say...?

EXTENDING
Does anyone have another idea?
I would like to add...

CONTRASTING & COMPARING
These things are similar because...
To do either of these things...
Neither of these people...
The most obvious difference between these things is that...whereas...
I imagine that .......... might not be quite as essential as .........


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Spanish - English Dictionary